Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Siding Up to Seidlin

So yesterday my friend asked me to write him a mini-obituary piece regarding my thoughts on the death of Anna Nicole. So I took a moment and wrote the following:

Anna Nicole Smith’s death made me realize that the American public has an insatiable appetite for celebrity tragedies. Like many others, I too glued myself to the television for the first few hours and watched as they reported on her mysterious and troubling death. Also like many others, I have formed my own opinions about who should get her body, who her baby’s daddy is, and whether any of her supposed paramours were in fact money-grubbing enablers. But aside from that, I watch the Anna Nicole Smith story play out because I always rooted for Anna. Yes she may have been a bit odd, but Anna truly loved that old man; and she deserved his millions. In the end it was Anna’s quirkiness that was probably her downfall – a life of love and joy that ultimately brought shady people to her life and forced those that may have really loved her out. When Anna finally rests in peace, may we remember her for being larger than life, a beautiful lady that only wanted to entertain us; not some buffoon wearing clown makeup, purportedly on a “mushroom trip.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home